Circulo de Bellas Artes
Cultural benchmark in a historical building in the city centre.
Located at the crossroads of two of the city’s major arteries, Calle Alcalá and Gran Vía Avenue, the Círculo de Bellas Artes is one of the city’s most important private cultural entities. Founded in 1880, it is a multidisciplinary centre that promotes plastic arts, literature, science, philosophy, cinema, and the performing arts.
The Círculo occupies a historical building that dates back to 1919, one of the best examples of the monumental and eclectic modernity of Madrid in the early 20th century. The façade of the building, decorated by José Capuz and Juan Adsuara, is crowned by Juan Luis Vasallo’s statue of Minerva, which stands at a height of 56 metres.
Within its interior, it has more than 15,000 square metres of spaces, among which the following are worth noting:
- The Ballroom, a historical hall and epicentre of the most outstanding events that take place in the Círculo. Its surface area of 800 square metres and its height of 10 metres provide the perfect setting to stage concerts, congresses, exhibitions, dinners, film shootings and festivities such as the traditional CBA Masquerade Ball.
- The Hall of Columns, a versatile 450 square metre historical space, noted for its 18 pillars.
- The Fernando de Rojas Theatre, with a stalls area and two amphitheatres for 500 spectators.
- The foyers, the main one with its monumental staircase and the Fuentecilla (Little Fountain), named after the fountain-shaped top of the pinnacle of the Ballroom dome.
- Estudio Cinema, a screening room with 214 seats.
- Multi-purpose and functional exhibition rooms to cater for any need.
- The rooftop terrace, from which visitors can enjoy spectacular views of Madrid.
Conditions and availability
Full time availability.
Possibility of filming at night and on weekends with extra costs.
Fees are adjusted to each project.
Estimated time needed to process the application: 1 day.
Form available on their website (see link).
Full space rental with a daily fee.
Features and facilities
Difficult access for vehicles.
A service lift is available.
Available supplies: Electricity.
Extra spaces are available for production.
Suitable for direct sound.
Auxiliary spaces available
Salón de Baile – Sala de Columnas – Teatro Fernando de Rojas – Sala de Juntas – Fuentecilla – Sala Antonio Palacios – Sala Valle-Inclán – Sala Ramón Gómez de la Serna – Sala Nueva – Sala María Zambrano – Cine Estudio – Azotea
Can we help you?