An emblematic luxury business hotel with links to the cinema
Standing at the heart of Paseo de la Castellana, the Intercontinental Madrid is one of the city’s most emblematic hotels. A five-star hotel built in 1953 on the site of a 19th-century palace inspired by the artistic tradition of Madrid. Madrid’s first major international hotel was designed as an eight-storey building with marble floors, spacious halls, suites and rooms distributed around a central garden courtyard.
Over time, business guests have been incorporated, hence the exclusive InterContinental Club Lounge. It has outstanding spaces that have retained the essence of the hotel:
- An ample lounge and a small square for carriages.
- An enormous central lobby with a spectacular chandelier.
- Bar 49 in Art Deco style, specialised in cocktails.
- A large lounge with marble floors and chandeliers.
- A Parisian-style restaurant.
- 3 presidential suites in a classic Parisian style.
- 4 contemporary presidential suites with a more sophisticated style.
- A 400-metre royal suite with a terrace located on the 8th floor offering views over Paseo de La Castellana.
- A terrace with fountains.
- The glazed El Jardín del Intercontinental restaurant, overlooking the terrace.
- Classic style meeting rooms and other ones in tones of pearl, with natural light.
- An industrial rooftop with views of the skyline.
A luxury hotel which when it was known as the Castellana Hilton was a favourite rendezvous for stars of classic Hollywood cinema who came to film in Madrid in the 1950s and 60s. Samuel Bronston set up his production studios here when he came to Spain, and numerous actors from the golden age of American cinema stayed in these rooms, such as Ava Gardner, Liz Taylor, Gary Cooper or Charlton Heston.
Conditions and availability
Estimated time needed to process the application: 4 days.
They request to appear in credits.
Specific shooting contract to be signed.
Payment of the fees must be anticipated 24 hours minimum filming.
They request civil liability insurance and workers’ registration with TC1 forms.
Features and facilities
Private parking with access to the facilities.
Possibility of access with vehicles.
A service lift is available.
Available supplies: Electricity.
Dressing rooms (costumes / makeup).
Provide a member of the production staff to mediate with the film crew.
Facilities in the customization of spaces by Art Departments.
They allow external catering for the production team.
Can we help you?