Plaza de la Villa de Canillejas

A pedestrian square with a Mudéjar church in a suburb of Madrid.

Plaza de la Villa de Canillejas is a small pedestrian square in the centre of the neighbourhood of Canillejas. It owes its name “Villa” to the status that was endowed on Canillejas in 1627. The municipality was incorporated into Madrid City Council in 1949.

Just after this small square we come upon the Plaza Párroco Luis Calleja in which we find the Parish Church of Santa María la Blanca de Canillejas, a church in the Mudéjar style and an authentic historical vestige of the old town.

Four-storey blocks of flats built in the 1960s and 70s surround a tree-lined space, where we find terrace cafés, neighbourhood shops and parked vehicles.

Updated: 12/04/2019

Useful information

Permit procedure

The filming permits to shoot on the streets of the city of Madrid are managed by the Filming Authorization Bureau. For more information on these permits and how to process them, read the How to film in Madrid page.

Links

Contact

Read section “Useful information”.

Plaza de la Villa de Canillejas
28022 Madrid

Distrito: 20 San Blas-Canillejas

Images: City of Madrid Film Office

MORE INFORMATION

Can we help you?

Contact us