A historical sports centre with a large sports hall.
Gimnasio Moscardó Municipal Sports Centre is located in the Guindalera neighbourhood in the Barrio de Salamanca district. Gimnasio Moscardó was originally built in the 1940s and it was used by top athletes until the 1970s.
Its subsequent reform has preserved its most characteristic spaces such as the entrances to the swimming pools and elements of its exposed brick façade adorned with Olympic motifs. It has an outstanding gymnastics hall, with rosettes, large windows and high ceilings.
Within its 4,650 square metres, its facilities include indoor and outdoor sports units:
- 1 gymnastics hall with a wooden floor and a grandstand for 297 spectators.
- 1 sports hall with a wooden floor and a grandstand for 100 spectators.
- 2 twenty-five-metre swimming pools.
- 1 gymnasium with a wooden floor.
- 1 multipurpose room, 1 physiotherapy room and 1 fitness room.
Can we help you?